It's finally Friday, May 21, 2010!Time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I made this quilt for a friends grandson. He likes crawly things. What's better than a GREEN Iguanas. This is my first attempt at applique. I still have to do the binding and quilting but I was running out of time to finish it before Friday. The pattern is one of Sindy Rodenmayer's / of Fat Cat Patterns. Sindy's patterns are really beautiful! I've promised my friend Bethany that I will be more diligent at finishing what I start. There's just so much to choose from, and I don't know what to pick first.
As a Quilters Tip ~ I've found that the "Crystal Light Makes 2 quarts" empty plastic containers is great for projects on the go. Just put everything you need in the container for a quick sew on the road..and before you know it, another block or two will be finished! Hope this helps for a quick ideas! Thanks for stopping by if you have the time add a comment or two, all is greatly appreciated.
As a Quilters Tip ~ I've found that the "Crystal Light Makes 2 quarts" empty plastic containers is great for projects on the go. Just put everything you need in the container for a quick sew on the road..and before you know it, another block or two will be finished! Hope this helps for a quick ideas! Thanks for stopping by if you have the time add a comment or two, all is greatly appreciated.


13 comments:
Lovely Iguana! and thanks for the tip!
valentina from Cyprus
Lovely applique, great for a little boy and such fun, Lis x
That's a lovely quilt! Thanks for sharing!
Dagmar from Germany
What a cute quilt! He will love it!!
Thanks for sharing :-)
Dagmar from Germany
I too love iguanas! Have different kinds of those and other lizards in various metal art around the house. Such a fun quilt! Thanks for sharing.
Cute!! I know of two little boys here that would love it.
Cute idea! Sew On!
Great tip (Pringles cans too!). I have two little boys and they would love this!
what a fun lizard, I'm sure he'll love it.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogpost.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com
great quilt--love the iguana! and the points are fantastic--such perfect material to go with a scaly creature. thanks so much for sharing
Hi! What a fun Iguana quilt! I am sure that your friend's grandson will love it!
..I am off today so will hopefully get to some others on the quilt fest. I have some drawing orders to work on and then clean house... Now that our children are grown and my hubby and I are empty nesters, I can't be a "stay at home mom", but I would love to be a stay at home wife :o)
Blessings & Aloha!
If you have a moment to come over, please let me know by leaving a comment at my post. It was fun meeting you! I saw your blog listed on the Quilt Festival and we are both Maria's and are beginner quilters :o)
Great boy's quilt!
I am so glad you did this! And yea, what a cute selection. Next time you will have to enter a sampler with all of the squares you have put together so far. Get crackin', girlie-girl!
Now, all we need to do is get together and quilt for 16 hours and see what we come up with. [*hug you]
Post a Comment